Sunday, August 16, 2015

1 Month In The A....

Its been a day or two past the one month date of me arriving in Atlanta, and so far, its quite the adjustment. The city appears dope. I haven't actually gotten around to checking out more of it but that's because its a real big city. Its like every lil section has its own sites & attractions. I try to hit one when I can on the weekends, but its such a small dent. In the mean time I've been focused on work & finding myself an apartment. Hopefully I receive some good news on that search Monday. I'm eager to get life on my own in the A started. Plus it'll allow me some extra sleep time in the morning instead of getting up so early to catch the Xpress bus to the city.

Work is a steady climb as I'm still new to working in an office full of "IT professionals". For the sake of "it doesn't bother me like that", we're gonna avoid talking about the whole "I'm the only black guy in this office" thing. Let's just....not....cool. I do happen to like the lax environment I work in. Dress code is "whatever makes you comfy", I can go to lunch when I please, & I don't have to ask permission for much. As long as I'm making the necessary contributions to the project in a better than timely manner. I appear to be on the right track, although sometimes I feel like the people I work with think I'm not as smart as them. Hard to tell when they don't speak English around you. O well, though. I don't have time for the workplace gossip, tryna get this MONEY!

Football season is approaching & I really wanna do some traveling. See some HBCU games now that I'm in an area that makes SWAC and SIAC games easily affordable and accessible from a travel standpoint. I'll have to balance that with other responsibilities, but hey....I'm me. I can do this.

I think I'm gonna TRY to starting doing some more writing and letting my thoughts out. That'll keep me sane as I continuously try to push myself & others toward greatness.


HeartLess

No comments:

Post a Comment