Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Used to be A Star

I used to be a star….
But in the beginning…
I used to be nothing
Just a cloud of dust that began to rotate
I would spin, slowly
Tryna figure out what it would take
To be a star
To belong in the cosmos with the greats

I got myself together
And before ya knew it
I was spinning faster
At unrecognizable speeds
I was on my way to being something….
Idk what this “something” was….
But dammit its better than where I was
 I realized I wanted to be my own star
Massive, luminous, a stand out guy
Y’all should’ve seen me

And soon I grew
A Giant in my own right
Naw…I was a supergiant
You couldn’t miss me at night
You could see the glow
The aura that drew you in
I was there man…
Ask me and im there
You need it, I got it….
Cuz I’m a star
Bursting with activity
A Supernova in these streets
My shoulders bigger than the cosmos
All the secrets the universe has told me
Because they know
I wont hurt their soul
But…
When you begin to pull so much in
And nothing comes out
I suppose theres no where left for the energy to go
In the end…I had a blowout…..

All the good I did
All the days I grew


And now here lies….a cold black hole

No comments:

Post a Comment