Thursday, October 2, 2014

Greatness... (January 5, 2009 at 2:59am)

Im down
Im low
But I won't remain here
I refuse to live in fear
Fear that I may become another you
Fear that by society's standards of the black male
I'll b just another you
But not me
Im not you
We bare the same name
But i wont play your game
Money pwns your life
We're the same creed
They call you Henry
But i call you Greed
Wealth you chase
Nd you've found a way
But money doesnt make you happy
Stealing the joy of others 
Is the only thing that will brighten ur day
Bcuz i can't see the finish line
Doesn't mean i've failed
It just means i've got a ways to go
But to you
Its an excuse to sink to an all new low
You wont bring me down with you

Cuz I am Greatness
I am a beam of light
That exists in the dark
Built to last
Too strong 2 break down
I'm a beacon of light
For all that are around
The trials nd bullshyt u put me through
Just another step closer to ridding myself of you
And once my brotha is free
You'll have no satisfaction
Of trying to destroy me
Cuz i wont b around
Tearz hang from my eyelashes
Ma emotions torn from your verbal slashes
But i heal quick
And as tha thought of u makez me sick
Youu r still my father
But trust nd believe
When its all said & done
And i have achieved
All that i set out to do
Your role in my past
Shall not be forgotten
I'll use ur face as pavement
Walk on it....
On my path to Greatness

No comments:

Post a Comment