Thursday, January 8, 2015

Tatted Up (April 23, 2009 at 5:54am)

Lookin at the new ink on my arm
A million thoughts rushed through my head
Would my friends ask me the purpose behind the symbol
Would i be forever tainted as a "Heartless" individual

The answer is....yes
Cuz its all true but to a certain extent
Those who think they should kno.........will kno
Sit back, relax, and once more here the story
of how this symbol on my arm came to be

Nerd, loser, lame, bitch nigga
Some of the terms that arrived in my ear canal
wen i remember times back in VA Beach
it seemed i was takin baby steps in social life
makin strides in academics
everyone knowz that makez a giant target sign
all on your neck
words, paper balls, pencils
damn even basketballs were the shots fired at ma black ass
everyday i counted down til 2 o clock hit
so i could get thru all da bullshyt
so all through middle & part of high school
i was the definite polar opposite of the word cool

But it would be one particular event
which would begin the mental split
which would begin the half that didnt give two shyts
which would spark the birth of the "HeartLess"
Playin basketball around the way
Somehow i knew i just wasnt my day
Not only was i missin shots
but the area bully was at the court
somehow i just knew i was gonna get clocked
sho nuff a game of slap boxing 
turned ugly nd there i stood
facing tha diesel azz bully....
sad thing is i wasnt facing him 
wen he decided it was time
to put me in line
details of the next few seconds are still a blur to my mind
bcuz i was TOLD that he came from the side
connected wit a powerful hook to the face
hit so hard it could erase my memories of wat happened
........as a matter of fact...it did...

Seconds later i woke up to a roar of laughter
The few that i didnt really consider friends
but i dealt wit them on a daily basis
were doubled over,
stomach split in two
I had no clue wat to do...
So with my brother at my side
I took the walk of shame
Back down to MacQueen Drive
Terrible pain in my mouth
Anger built in my soul
Nd i went to sleep...
deep inside...bore a hole..............

No comments:

Post a Comment