Sunday, January 11, 2015

Keep It Real Tho......

First of all 'merica
Let me say, I'm human
I see, I think, I feel
So in no way shape or form
WIll you find me  apologizing
For the components of life that make me real...

BUT what defines real
or maybe "real" or real?
Fuck if I know
Those definitions that you require
to make you feel better about certain situations
going on in your life make me no mind
Of course I'm lying
Of course it makes me some mind
Or made

Life has an awesome timing system
To let you know when you are no longer needed
In the lives of your peers

Sometimes we fail the mission
to shut up & get missin
because your variable
is not a necessity to the equation
And now that its taken you some
time to define the sum
of the individuals that still think of you as an ally
and at times its staggering
that you cant make it to your toes on the amount of folk you can turn to

Let me slow the train down
Because even that number is a misconception
A misdirection
to the end goal of fuqwitables

The number of people you can count on
Will always be larger than the number of people
That you will feel comfortable turning to
When you get pressed up against that wall

So coming full circle
On the subject of "real"
I dont need your explanation
or your reasoning
Dont need ya side eyes
Or "see that's why"'s

All I need is you to come clean
And simply face the jury of my court
And read....

"You belong on the other side of the greater than sign
When I say the "People You Can count On < People You Can Turn To"

No comments:

Post a Comment