Monday, October 20, 2014

I'm Sick

Funny how life waits
For the right moment
To rub it in your face
Impeccable timing indeed it is
None greater perhaps than this.

Years ago I discovered a beast
a virus, a plague, an epidemic
That took over my body
Corrupting my life
Inserting more darkness
Depleting me of light.

In order to combat such an evil
I quarantined myself in a cage
and there I remained
until I was able to control the beast
But control was always the least
of my issues.

I had to learn to combat the side effects
The comments
The rumors
The lies
The eyes
Following me once I left the cage
The thoughts from others
Wondering when things will be the same
For the silence was driving them insane

Silence......
The DEAFENING SILENCE.....
The pin drops
And drips from water spouts
Only helped my darkness grow
And keep the beast at bay
And until I get this thing fully in check
.....In my cage I shall stay

...Cuz I'm Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment