Monday, January 28, 2013

Old Poetry - When Analytical Reasoning Gets Boring (1.13.08)


Sittin in Class
Tryin 2 Relax
Nd focus on reasoning
But I was really focusing on last evening
Nd tha chat that took place on tha inside
See it was 4AM
Nd da conference room was open
Man ma brain was smokin'
Tha topic for discussion
Was ma role in the world
Nd how I was not supposed 2 make it
Ya see Henry kept me afloat
Nd AJ dragged me under
So I was pretty level headed
About ma place in dis cold world
Nd tha barz dat Im supposed 2 b behind
Ya see, Henry was mad
AJ was silent
cuz they tried to lock me down
Over a change of random acts of violence
Dat left a scar on ma chest
nd a bullet in ma soul
Permanently a mark of tha day i picked maself up out this hole
Still mad they tried to lock me down
Over a case of random acts of violence
Why??? Cuz ma skin tone was brown
College bookz in ma bag
Datz a cover up he said
Say wat??? I Said
I prolly stole those bookz he said
Nd if I keep going down this road
I'll end up dead
That is wat tha black cop that stopped me said

It seems to be
Or well, it seems to me
that they want me to be a product
of my society
The society that we made for ourselves
We seem to get poorer as the rich increase their own wealth
But we are stuck
Stuck where the longer you live
The closer you get to death
Life is funy
Cuz some defied the odds
Came up out tha hood
We mde it this far
I give big upz to those
Who aint changed a bit
Still goin' to class
and handlin' they shit
Cuz see I could go on & on
About the "man" & the "system"
But what more can be said
Cuz we're ahead of the game 
So we gotta make a name 
For OURSELVES
naw bruh...not just for ourselves
but for tha young onez too

No comments:

Post a Comment