Thursday, January 24, 2013

Old Poetry - With some help from Lupe..."Why?" (12/23/07)


Every vein every vessel every bullet lodged
With every flower that I ever took apart
She said
That she would give me greatness
Status
Placement above the others
My face would grace covers of the magazines of the hustlers
Paper
The likes of which that I have never seen
Her eyes glow green with the logo of our dreams
The purpose of our scene
An obscene obsession with the bling
She would be my queen, I could be her king
Together
She would make me cool
And we would both rule
Forever
And I would never feel pain
And never be without pleasure
Ever
Again
And if the rain stops, and everythings dry
She would cry
Just so I could drink the tears from her eyes
She'll teach me how to fly
Even cushion my fall
If my engines ever stall
And I plummet from the sky
But she would keep me high
And if I ever die, she would commission monuments
So her bosom to him
Or maybe she'd retire as well
A match made in Heaven set the fires in Hell
And I'll be

The coolest nigga wha

thanx to fiasco for letting it b known
dat tha one we're with can give us status
but dat status can be farblown
i have no status
bcuz i choose to be me
is it bcuz this is a lame that chu say
i say i dont kno
cuz this lame is here to let chu kno
tha actions and image that we ARE followz us
throughout our tyme
which may seem to be long
wen in retrospect may not be fine
fine enuff to do all that you want
bcuz tha fear of status keepz us 
from gettin all tha we desire
nd we, as people, simply feed tha fire
bcuz we buy in to wat people believe
dammit man, we'll neva achieve
cuz itz no use, why waste mah tyme
tyme changes nothing, so with everyline
feelz like more of me is lost,
lost, into a dark abyss of myself
tha dark half that resides in us
it calls to be released
nd we let it
so we're livin a lie
cuz this aint who we are
so hit tha club, go out
stamp false on yaself
cuz at tha end of tha day
only we can deal with ourselves
i got ma own demons waitn 2 get out
im out

No comments:

Post a Comment