Tuesday, December 13, 2016

It’s Time…or is it?

It’s Time…or is it?


Everyday I’m coming face to face with my demons
Wondering where in the world are my angels
I often wonder if there’s a difference
Yall know me…always checking out all the angles
There’s always an explanation
Or at least that’s what I tell myself.

I’m always talking myself out of rising up
Attaching weight onto my potential
Dragging myself through the mud
“It’s much better in your safe space”
“You go out there you might not do as well as you thought you would”
“If you rise too high, you might not be the same guy…
And staying true to who you’ve been….that’s always good.”
How far does the rabbit hole go?
Round and round my mind goes
Where it stops……who the fuck knows.

I want answers
I want elevation
I want freedom
I want a revelation

Where does it begin?
I think the answer is in the mind

I think the answer is in my mind
I Think the answer isn’t hard to find
I think I’ve known the answer the whole time….

When I peer into myself
And I see what I could become
My first instinct is panic
The second is always run
Is it time that I embrace it?
Hop on this wave….pull next to the sun & race it?

I’m not sure if I’m ready to do all that
I’m not sure if I’m ready to sacrifice that
That being the chains of comfort….am I ready? Hell idk.
I do know its 2:03AM & I have work at 7.
So I do know its time to lay my ass down….
& While I Don’t know if I’ll have the answers when morning comes around….
I Do know that I’m tired of holding myself down


No comments:

Post a Comment