Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I Broke My Face (June 2, 2009 at 4:34am)

I Broke My Face


Dedicated to tha short lady headed to London &
to the lady who asked me the question

One day i received a hurtful question
One that made my body quiver with tension
I'm pretty sure you could only imagine
How it felt when my friend asked me....

"What's Wrong With Your Face?"
.
.
.
.
.....silence...........


I was taken aback
For I thought she was talkin smack
Smack that would lead to me droppin her on her back
But she quickly saw my dismay
Nd she showed me wat she meant
Nd it was on that day
That i realized..that I broke my face....

She told me wat she had meant to say altogether was,
"What's Wrong with your face?
You Don't Smile anymore..."

Wow.....
I wondered had my life really gotten that bad
Had the bad news finally taken over
Is this the part where i just roll over
....It seemed that way.....

Sleep became more irrelevant
My attitude...more hellbent
I began to ignore all that was heaven sent
Because i felt like it was all over

Time was against me
Hate poured thru me
Nd while good thingz were happenin to me
All I would ever see
Is just the seconds leaving me
Tick...
Tock...
Tick....
Tock....

And as i lost focus on watz important
I lost my smile
You may think you saw it
But that thing on ma face was a fake
I haven't seen my smile in a while

The happiness i once had seemed so far away
Bcuz on the inside, i could feel myself deteriorate
A child of the night
A demon of the day
It seemed that life had already sealed my fate
So it had seemed....until.........

No comments:

Post a Comment