Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Old Poetry ---- .....But I'm Not Finished Yet (10.18.07)

....But I'm Not Finished Yet


I think I've said this a million tymes
Nd no matter how many tymes ma eyez have cried,
Nd no matta how many tymes ive wanted to run nd hide,
I gotta rememba that i've come a LONG WAY...
BUT IM NOT FINISHED YET...

I've been through the rain nd tha pain
False accusations thrown all up nd down ma name
But tha storms not over yet, so its all tha same
Mama aint raise no punk quitter...
SO IM NOT FINISHED YET...

Learned alot wen i fell, learned more wen i stood back up
In tha memory of ma brotha X, i just cant give up,
But not just for me, i do it for all of you,
The liars, tha cheaters, tha hangin in tha street beaters
The silent, tha violent,I'm tellin you 
you are worth more than shyt
Look into ya momma's eyes, and as u both cry
lean into her ear nd whisper so she can hear
u say....IM NOT FINISHED YET

Im here to blaze a path, 
so yall can do tha math, nd see
dat it dont take much to be, a bum
but..it also doesnt take much to be, a sum...body
look at cha people, you can see it they eyes
tell em stand up wit pride..cuz
THEY AINT FINISHED YET

If u see tha potential
Then they can see tha potential
we are all tha same
we all play tha same game
but tha rules change
Some got tha hard route, some got it easy
me, im tellin you, aint nuttin easy bout bein me
There wasnt a day back at home
where i prayed i could go bak to bein tha old me
man i cooked, cleaned, looked afta a younger brotha nd a niece
i wanted to quit so bad.. but then i looked at ma niece
saw her smile, said 2maself...
this hardship is gon b worth ma while...
nd i said to dat gurl
IM NOT FINISHED YET..

So i leave you with this
Its only midterms kidz
Pull yaselves together
Make some changes for tha betta
Look yaself in tha mirror, nd say it wit sum Force
CUZ WE AINT FINISHED YET...

No comments:

Post a Comment